Trikka invites contributions. To contribute designers need to post their contribution somewhere on the web. Trikka will copy key infos to its page and link for more details to the original post. If you post make sure you include these infos (Trikka info):
Click here to see what to include
1 General info
Design your posting as you like and see fit. It is your website! Just make sure somewhere these things can be found:
- the name of the product,
- a remark that this is a Trikka design or is intended to be a Trikka design,
- an image 940x940px or bigger,
- the name of the designer behind the product.
not mandatory but maybe interesting
- Can the product be bought somewhere?
- How to use, assemble or make it?
2 Trikka info
This section is mandatory it has the meta info for Trikka and the ecosystem.
Trikka parts: 000.0, 000.1, name of your part (new)
Write down the numbers of the parts you used and if possible link to their pages. For parts you add to the catalog link to your own descriptions. You don’t have to give new parts a number, just name them with words like “rope 1000 mm”.
IP Protected: Yes (if so which protection) | No | Pending | Undecided
Did you protect your design with design rights, a patent or utility model? Let people know if this is a closed design or not. Read about IP for product design here.
Purchasable: Yes (list shops) | Currently not | As Local Make (X €/$ donation per make)
Can it be bought somewhere and if so where. Do you allow local makes? If so how much do you ask as a donation per make. (Read about local makes in the design brief under “how to make money”.)
Support the designer: Your donation address
Add possibilities to donate to you here. You can put here whatever you like. A patreon account, a paypal.me account – even a donation address of an NGO for example. If you don’t want to add a support address just leave this section out.
Manufacturer Contact: Your contact address
Let manufacturers or other potential business partners know how to reach you (and maybe for what).
Post license: This post (including images) is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license
The Creative Commons Attribution license allows Trikka and everyone else to copy and spread the information you share in your parts post. This is necessary to make it possible to include your post into the catalogue – copy it to this page. If you only want to make one or some pictures open replace the “(including images)” part with “(excluding images)” and then open the images you want to open individually by adding a “Pic under CC-BY 4.0” under it. Trikka needs at least one open picture. Only open pictures can be copied to this page.
Disclaimer: This product is just a concept and not fully tested. You should not assume that it works as indicated and I am not saying that it does. I disclaim any responsibility or liability for any damage caused during the construction and use of products based in whole or in part on the concept shown here. All information is provided for your use at your own risk.
Here is a little text you can put under your post. The Disclaimer is just a means to protect you from the very very very unlikely case someone makes your product, causes damage with it and tries to blame you for it. This is nothing specific to Trikka but something that affects everyone who shares a design publicly. If you don’t want to include it feel free to leave it out.
Click here to see what to include
Here are the 5 sections of a parts post you should share for your part.
Name and Picture
- A descriptive name,
- An image 940x940px or bigger
Feel free to include more than one picture. A parts number is not needed. It’ll come from us.
- What is it:
- Material: strong | bendable
- Holes: Trikka grid,
Feel free to add more information if needed. If your part does not follow the 3grid just erase the link to it.
If the part is within the standard tolerance just keep the links. If it deviates from it – for example if the material requires a certain strength or other qualities – write this down here.
Get the part
- Buy: Readily available in stores, search for: “–”. | Only as local make. | No.
- Make: No instructions available.
Buy: Can the part be bought somewhere and if of where?
Make: Include here information about how to make the part (example makes) Feel free to go here to full length. Include pictures, downloads and more. If it is a bought part you can just keep the “No instructions available” line.
- I am – add your name – the designer of this part and creator of this post.
- Open: I, as the designer of this part publish it under the Trikka Public Promise Version 1.0 (http://trikka.house/trikka-public-promise-vs-1/). I want it to be open and freely used by everyone for every purpose and I do not attach any conditions to it.
- Open: I bought this part off the shelf. It might be prior art but I don’t guarantee this.
Add your name to the post. If the designer of the part is different from the author of the posts and images state it “X designed the part, Y shot the images, Z wrote and uploaded this post”. For the Openness statement pick the statement that applies to you and erase the other one. Make sure you have understood what you do and have read about how intellectual property is supposed to work in Trikka (“Parts are open”).
Post license & disclaimer
- This post including the images is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Disclaimer: This part is just a concept and not fully tested. You should not assume that it works as indicated and I am not saying that it does. I disclaim any responsibility or liability for any damage caused during the construction and use of products based in whole or in part on the concept shown here. All information is provided for your use at your own risk.
The Creative Commons Attribution license allows Trikka and everyone else to copy and spread the information you share in your parts post. It is necessary to make it possible to include your post into the catalogue. The Disclaimer is just a means to protect you from the very very very unlikely case someone makes your part causes damage and tries to blame you for it. If you don’t want to include it feel free to leave it out.
That’s it. If you post it like that it will be very easy to pull this to the Trikka page.